The NGO New Horizon and the City Library invite youth activists in Ulcinj to participate in the training project titled “YOUTH PARTICIPATE, YOUTH TAKE ACTION “
This project is supported by the Ministry of Sport of Montenegro. The main purpose of the project is to inform and activate youth in Ulcinj about the opportunities for participation in the decision-making process in the local community.
Within the framework of this project are realized the following activities:
- Training youth leaders for the decision-making process at the local level,
- Study visit to the Municipality of Ulcinj and to the Parliament of Montenegro,
- Anniversary of the International Youth Day,
- Youth Initiatives towards local self-government for drafting youth policies and approval of the “Youth Budget”
The program is dedicated to youngsters from age of 16 to 24, which includes a cycle of 6 workshops. The topics to be developed in this program are:
- Citizenship and Youth Activism,
- The mechanisms of youth participation in decision-making,
- The concept of local self-government and its role,
- Youth policies at the local and state level,
- Group work and leadership,
- Communication skills among young people.
This program will also establish a direct dialogue between youth and government representatives through training sessions and study visits.The workshops will be held once a week, in the Youth Corner, at the City Library. After the end of this educational cycle, participants who have successfully attended the training program will be awarded with certificates for the knowledge and the gained experience.