The overall goal of the project is engaging and empowering young people in circularity actions for transforming cities into circular and liveable for better opportunities for employment, clean environment and inclusiveness.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Research about the policies and strategies package in the Western Balkan countries relating with circular cities, level of competences in circular economy.
- Design of training material and templates based on knowledge, skills and competences of education for, by and through non formal training methods.
- Train young workers in becoming expert in circular economy to provide solutions to reduce waste in urban and peripheral areas.
The final results of the project are:
- Research paper from each partner elaborated about the status of circularity in rural and urban areas,
- 3 Training Modules developed on circular economy and sustainability,
- 20 youth operators are trained within the International Training Course WP2,
- 1 Toolkit focused on Circular Eco-design is developed for product redesign-repair techniques,
- At least 10 rural youth engaged within the local activities through application of circular economy toolkit in every partner country,
- At least 20 hours of e-learning course develop
This project lasts 18 months and involve 5 partners, where three partners are from Western Balkan and two partners from EU.
YE-2C is an Erasmus + Project, funded by the European Union.
At the beginning of the project, New Horizon and other project participants took part at the kick-off meeting which took place in Prishtina. During the meeting project consortium discussed about different activities which were about to realize in the upcoming period such as: Communication, Research Report, Evaluation and Quality Plan, Dissemination, Training, Up-coming meeting and in the end Reporting.
New Horizon realized the Research as well which was about the policies and strategies in Montenegro relating with the level of competences in circular economy.
This document gives an introduction about CE in Montenegro, the Roadmap towards a circular economy in Montenegro, Strategy on circular economy, main challenges and possible solution areas, etc.
The research can be found HERE
INTERNATIONAL TRAINING COURSE “TRANSFORMING CITIES INTO CIRCULAR”
From 3 – 9 July 2023, our organization participated on the International Training Course “Transforming Cities into Circular”, organized in Amsterdam (Netherlands).
The aim of the training was to equip youth workers with practical experience on estimating the circularity of cities in urban and rural areas through the acquired curricula.
The interim meeting was hosted by the partner organization ETMI and took place in Tirana, Albania on 16-17 October. Its focus was on mid-term evaluation of the project. In the context of the meeting, the partner organizations presented the mid-term report of project evaluation for discussion of the state-of-the-art of impact in the middle of project life. The Quality Manager will present the first Quality Report at Consortium level. In the context of the meeting, partner organizations will also discuss the results achieved during the piloting of the Training Format as well as planning the next steps related to the upcoming work packages.
YOUTH TRAINING COURSES
Within the project, youth workers who have already acquired knowledge and skills on using the Circular Economy’s business models started realization of the local training courses with young people with fewer opportunities related to CE, through NFE methods on circular economy eco-design aiming to explore the potential design of effective business models of living labs which use circular economy solution, to foster digital marketing of products etc.